Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Mamas Go To Texas

MOPS Convention 2008 in Dallas, TX -  Yee Haw!

Seven of us girls packed up and went to Texas Oct. 2-5th.  I had such a fun time! We made some cowgirl hats and T-shirts before hand at a little "Convention" party I had in the Mother In Law the Sunday before so we could find each other in the crowd of 5,000 moms. We roughed it in the Gaylord Texan resort, laughed and cried in our general sessions, saw an arial acrobatics show, went out to dinner every night, learned how to be better mamas and wives, and worshipped God. 


I stole this collage from Mashel, cause it sums up our trip. 

Except for:

The Theme. Every year MOPS chooses a different theme. This year's is Adventures in Mothering. So it's based on a carnival/circus. And there was free cotton candy!!

There was also a pool, which Wendy and I went to every day. I just laid next to her to make her look even more tan.

 "Go Fish" came and gave us a concert. Their songs are so fun, and not just for little kids!

Thank you Baby for letting me go! And thank you Grandma and Grandpa for watching ALL our kids!!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

I love the super white girl next to the tan girl pic! Too funny! Also love the pioneer days . . . . as I'm watching my favorite show, Little House on the Prairie!

Mashel said...

Love your collage! Ha ha I am glad you could use it! I also love your go fish picture. Didn't that one turn out cute! I love your expressions, with Go Fish and the big "SNAZZY" behind you.
You are almost caught up on your blogging. I am proud of you. You are almost to Eben's birthday which was just last weekend!