Saturday, October 10, 2009

She Walks!

On Sept 11th Opal finally decided that she would like to join the world of the walking!
So at 20 months of age our daughter took her first four steps! I didn't get it on video, but I got us trying to make her try again. She didn't:



But 2 days later on the 13th, we worked with her some more, here's the beginning of the day:

And a while later, she gets it! She seems to do better if slightly distracted, like if she's holding onto something. Here, it's her baby:


She's been walking a little more every day. She started going from couch to couch recently and soon I'm sure the crawl will be a thing of the past! Hurray for our little late bloomer! She talks a ton now too! She'll repeat everything we say and tries to make up her own little phrases. Like "Bubba innaout?" means "Mother, don't you think Jasper should get time out for that horrid action? Did you see the way he behaved? If I were you, I would definitely put him in his room!"

5 comments:

Crystal said...

She finally did it! I love the "Bubba Innaout" Hahaha, that is funny!

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

Hooray for Opal!

Jessy said...

Yea,Opie!! You rock! (Get it?! Rock?! Yes, I do know I'm a dork.)

Tiffany Nevil said...

YAY OPS! She is such a cutie! Hooray for Ops!
love you guys,
Tiff

Cathi Tague said...

I have been waiting and praying for this day for a long time! There's no stopping her now. Love, Nonnie