Monday, July 11, 2011

Baby Berg's First Owl Birthday

Since Bergie was our Baby Oly in the womb we decided to have Oly's Owl Party in honor of his first birthday. Plus there are so many cute owl things all over right now it's hard not to get sucked into the owl cuteness. I had to make these adorable owls I saw on the internet, but when I realized I photo copied the pattern way too small, we turned them into finger puppets and decorated the tables with them.

Auntie Tonya, Madison and Emma helped me cut all of the fabric and we were able to make this "Happy Birthday Berg" banner out of owls too.

Bergie's smash cake. Which he ended up really smashing all over the ground. He threw it on the grass!

All the little owl cupcakes that my cousin Fifi helped me make. My mamacita, Mimi and Fifi all came to celebrate and visit with us.

We had a fun time celebrating our littlest man. We kept it simple and had pizza for dinner (I grossly underestimated the time lasagna has to cook). We played a count all the owls game. There were about 97! Team Eben and Ella won. Then we had cake and ice cream and Berg opened presents. Short and sweet just like our Berg.

Happy Birthday to Berg!

Grandpa made him his own owl bird bath out of mosaics!

Everyone watching Bergie eat his own cake.

He was very generous and shared with both Dada...

and Mama!

And then the owl cake flew away.


Happy Birthday Bergie Boo! You melt our hearts everyday! You are so fun to cuddle and love and figure out what you want - since you refuse to learn sign language! You are adventurous and strong spirited. We pray you will use both of those traits and all your talents to glorify God. We thank Him all the time for giving you to us! We love you!

2 comments:

Tiffany Nevil said...

What a hoot! Ba-dum-duh~he he he he he...great to see everyone. Those are cute little puppets. The owl theme has my heart too! Happy Birthday Bergie!

Unknown said...

I can't believe he is OVER one already! time flies when you are having fun! :) Happy Belated Birthday, Berg!!! wish I could see you now.