Tuesday, July 26, 2011

California in June - Part 1

On June 17th we headed back down to CA for my sister, Buggy's, high school graduation. I cannot say it was a pleasant drive. The kids did as well as can be expected for a 2 day journey (with no stops this time). I did not do so well. I felt so nauseous - especially on those horrible winding roads and in traffic - and I was not pleasant I'm sure. At one point Peter stopped the car and let us all out although there was no where for Berg to crawl around, which was all he wanted to do we when got out of the car. So he crawled around a dirty gas station floor while Peter gave us (me) a little lecture about how the trip would not go any faster if we complain. But we got there. Actually we got to LA in record speed and then what should have been a 30 minute drive distance wise, took 4 hours sitting in traffic!

The kids with Poppie and Dada on Father's Day. We went to the church I grew up in on Sunday, although it's completely changed since I moved away and almost unrecognizable. We were still able to say, "hi" to some family friends.

The kids spent most of their time playing in on and around the pool. This time it had water in it! And Opal "helped" Nonnie by washing all her windows. Berg was so happy to have figured out how to get outside all by himself.
The next day my cousin Fifi had a birthday party for her new pony, Little One. It was such a cute and gentle thing and all the kids got a ride and cake!

Kivi feeding Little One a carrot.

More carrot treats by the pony cake.

Taking turns getting a ride on the pony.


My friend Lindy and her two kids came to the party too and the kids had such a great time all playing together we met up again for some swimming time at Poppie and Nonnie's a few days later.


Just a cute picture of my twins at the party:

Swimming in the pool with Dada! A lot of swimming went on that week. It was hot!

No comments: