Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Journey To Bethlehem

December 6th - Journey to Bethlehem with Grandma and Grandpa and our friends, the VanderPols!

J2B is a must on our Christmas tradition list. We like to bring along a new family to share the wonder with us. This year we brought another fun, homeschooling family in the bus and ate Subway on the way there.

Our favorite part is always the market where we get gold coins which we bring home and put next to the frankincense and myrrh on the mantle. We're getting quite a collection! Eben and Kivi showing off their coins. We're gonna have to teach him how to use his pointer finger to hold things up.

Opal and I lagged behind so we could pet the cute donkeys and sheep.

Kivi scored some free lavender from the spice lady!

I always cry while we sing to Baby Jesus. Even though I know it's coming and I've done this so many times, it is still so special and joyful.

2 comments:

Momacita said...

Whenever you put up a new post I always scroll down and look at the pictures first and then I go back and read your captions. So, you can imagine my surprise and laughter when I came to the one of Eben giving "the finger". But your caption obviously explains! If only they could remain so innocent.
I love you,
Momacita

The Johnsons said...

You used the picture of Eben holding the coin!?! Very bold! I love you, babe. Thanks for keeping up on the blog.