Sunday, February 1, 2015

Meet Tuff Jobe Johnson

Here's the birth story of Baby Bear, our seventh little Johnson. 

On Nov. 20th I lost my mucus plug and went to the bathroom about 19 times so I knew it was going to happen soon, but no contractions had happened yet. When Peter got home from work I told him and the kids, "I think we're going to have a baby tonight!" Peter was lying on the living room floor and shot up all of a sudden, "Right now?" I laughed and said not yet, but told him what was going on and that I thought tonight would be the night, although I had really wanted to wait until December to have the baby because we didn't have a Dec. birthday yet. Oh well. That didn't happen. 
We tucked the kids in and went to bed, still no contractions. I slept on and off because I had lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, but no real ones. Around 5am I had a contraction and told Peter it was time to wake up the big kids and call the midwives. I started the bath and got my suit on. Eben and Kivi were so excited to get to be a part of the birth. Kivi video taped and Eben took lots of great pictures. Peter also hung a camera from above.

The birth was amazing. God is so good! Fast, easy, calm, lots of pressure, but not painful and joyful. It was basically one huge contraction that started right after Kivi started filming. Peter told Kivi to go unlock the door for when the midwife came and all of a sudden I felt a big contraction and the head started to move down. I said no, she needs to film now. The contraction didn't stop until he was out.

 Here's the birth video, it has no showing parts, it's a very fast and G rated birth:

Here are the great pictures that Eben took, I love how he just kept taking picture and got the whole birth. They are really clear too. All of these pictures happened in less than a minute.

He came out and cried right away and then stopped. He opened his eyes and looked around. He was so cute and alert, and a BOY! Tuff was born around 5:30am. He weighed 7lbs. 6oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long.

So here we are, our little birth crew, and the new little Baby Bear, Tuff Jobe Johnson.

About 20 minutes after he was born, Opal and Pella, whose room is right next to the bathroom woke up and came to meet him and feel the still attached umbilical cord. 

And then our midwife came! Sarah had gotten a little lost, but we all knew she wouldn't make it anyway. We have very fast little Johnson babies. We had to wait for our other midwife, Dawn, to come with the cord clamps and scissors, so I stayed attached to the little man in the tub for 27 minutes! (I just looked at the time stamp on the photos and realized that.)

1 comment:

T~ said...

Another great birth story! Congrats guys, he's beautiful and I can't wait to meet him!